If you've been thinking of selling your Madison area luxury or historic property, you've probably been wondering how your real estate agent can begin to tell the full story of your home through a standard MLS listing. After all your home has many more amenities and features than can possibly be communicated through the MLS. The MLS allows for only 512 characters of descriptive text, so how can your agent even begin to tell your home's story with this limitation in place?
This is both the challenge and fun of selling high-end and historic real estate. There are actually many strategies a good agent can employ to tell the full story of your home. A few of these tools are covered below.
Six Tools for Telling the Full Story of your Historic or Luxury Home
- Professional photos of a perfectly-staged home. As the old saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. High quality photos show the beauty and uniqueness of your home without "saying" anything at all. Superb photos grab the attention of online home browsers, and they virtually guarantee a large number of showings.
- A professionally-narrated HIGH-Def video tour. Simply put, there is no better way to show off your unique or luxury home. A well excuted video uses both visual and narrative content to convey why your home is special.
- A custom web site that documents anything and everything about your home. Your web site includes detailed documentation of your home's many features and upgrades, an introduction to its history and architecture, and a profile of the neighborhood and schools. Your web site also includes your professional photos and video. In addition, a tech-savvy real estate agent makes it easy for online home browsers to find your property by creating a site the internet search engines love.
- A bound book that fully details the many fine selling points of your home. Similar to your custom web site, your book uses visual and narrative content to explain why your home is special and unique.
- A well-crafted MLS description. Your agent can actually say more with less by ensuring every word of your MLS description is used to drive home your property's strong value proposition.
- Blogging. The sky's the limit with blogging. A tech-savvy agent uses pictures, video and narrative content to tell your home's story. A good agents makes it easy for online home browsers to find your blog articles by creating content that is "search engine friendly".
For an example of customized marketing for a unique and historic home, Google "Shorewood Hills Historic Home" and you will find our web site for 2809 Columbia Rd in Shorewood Hills, WI. We created this web site to tell the full story of this rare and historic property. This site was an important part of our marketing and a big reason why this home received multiple offers, one of which was accepted after only two days of this listing going live on the MLS.
Need advice on how to sell your Madison area luxury or historic property quickly and at a high market price? Contact us online or call us at 608-852-7071 for a customized marketing plan that tells the full story of your special home.
Dan Miller, REALTOR
Mad City Dream Homes & RE/MAX Preferred